sustainable fashion & high-tech to shape a better future
with the patronage of
With the patronage of the Lazio Regional Council
With the patronage of the Municipality of Rome
SUSTAINABLE INNOVATION FASHION WEEK
Where Sustainable Fashion meets Technology
14th SEPTEMBER MMXX
Sublime La Villa
Via Alessandro Fleming 55
AN EVENT TOTALLY DEDICATED TO GREEN LIFESTYLE
FASHION SHOW, SHOW-ROOMS & WORKSHOPS
When calculating the national Italian GDP, ‘Made in Italy’ stands in second place with a manufacturing turnover of 97 billion euros in 2018. As emerged from the last World Economic Forum, the fashion industry is the second most polluting sector in the world after the oil industry, each year it is responsible for 10% of global greenhouse gas emissions (CO2) and contributes to the dissipation of 20 % of total water resources used throughout the various working phases (dyeing, printing, finishing and of course also to maintain the cotton plantations).
FASHION IS A HISTORY OF COMMUNICATION THAT BEGINS FROM AGRICULTURE
- Contributing significantly to global wealth, the fashion sector globally employs with stable jobsmore than 300 million people creating a total turnover of 225 billion euros annually.
- In particular Textile and clothing manufacturing have an enormous impact on ocean pollution:: about 60% of clothes are made of polyester which, because repeated washing, annually releases about 500,000 tons of microfibres into waterways (the equivalent of 50 billion plastic bottles!).
- According to a UN report, it is estimated that the fashion sector consumes more energy than air transport and maritime transport combined; in addition, 85% of fabrics are burned every year, further polluting the planet with PM10, PM5, PM1.
SUSTAINABLE FASHION MEETS TECHNOLOGY
Just a small example: thanks to SUSTAINABLE INNOVATION, of how the new PVC-free ECO-LEATHER are produced.
- From an environmental point of view, PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is considered the most dangerous plastic material as it is not biodegradable..
- PU (polyurethanes) do not contain PVC, azocolourants, formaldehyde and heavy metals, substances that are harmful to both the environment and humans. . By investing in technology and research the company’s development units have developed innovative materials for the fashion sector such as: leather recycled from pineapple peels, bananas, apples, oranges and mushrooms; giving life to a virtuouscircular economy. This will be our trump card towards saving the ecosystem, in view of the new global structure.
“The current emergency we are experiencing demonstrates how a careful and intelligent slowdown is the only way out.”
Giorgio Armani, designer
Where Sustainable Fashion meets Technology
The unparalleled and world wide recognised “Made in Italy” craftsmanship, is currently confronted with an unprecedented challenging situation, in constant evolution and transformation.
Historically, the main disruptors in these highly creative and traditional contexts were have always been generational change and globalisation. However, these disruptive factors are currently being replaced by: innovative disruptive technologies, greater consumer competence and new geopolitical geometries.
‘Made in Italy’ manufacturers and brands that will not renew themselves will be unequivocally disrupted in the short term by one of the following paradigm shifts:
- Technological factors such as artificial intelligence, biotechnology, blockchain, industrial digitalisation, CRISPR, luxury up-cycling. These are just some of the inevitable factors affecting the industry in the immediate future.
- The need to Keep up with an unprecedented consumer expertise. Today consumers expect a true commitment from brands towards ethical and environmental values, not only as a brand narrative, but also as an integral part of the brand’s DNA. And it is for this reason that the ethical-environmental factor is mandatory to keep “digital-first” customers on the frontier of digital land-grab.
- The change in geopolitical policies has given way to higher tariffs, on-shoring, automated micro factories, and a general reconsideration of trade.
A double annual event, in which the exclusive period residence Sublime-La Villa,
becomes the Roman headquarters of sustainability and innovation of global ethical fashion.
The first edition of the SUSTAINABLE INNOVATION FASHION WEEK
will take place on the 14th September 2020, before its second happening in April 2021.
THE EVENT, exclusively reserved to the brands which have demonstrated a commitment to an “eco-friendly” future, will see the participation of some of the most important personalities of the Roman and Italian scene, while being accompanied by a fully Bio and zero km “food & beverage” catering.
THE MERCEOLOGICAL CATEGORIES scategories included are: general fashion, bags, shoes, accessories, jewellery, design; strictly SUSTAINABLE, with an ethical approach or that have started a virtuous process within their production chain.
On the 1st floor of the Villa, the guests will be able to admire the
SHOWROOM of the participating brands. On the 2nd floor will be stationed the WORKSHOPS,seminars and book presentations with leading figures amongst the international sustainability scene.
In line with the current dynamics of ethical awareness and corporate civil responsibility, the SUSTAINABLE INNOVATION FASHION WEEK will be the first event hosted in the capital in accordance with the SDG – Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations. In order to participate in the event, brands must necessarily conform with the requirements of sustainability, ethics or innovation within their company.
The fashion product and accessories exhibited by the brands must not contain PVC. Brands dealing olfactory essences which do not contain traces of Phthalates, Formaldehyde and Parabens can participate.
The brands will be required to reflect and respect at least one of the The following participation criteria:
“Opening blessing on sustainabilty”
Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Humanitarian and spiritual leader www.srisriravishankar.org
“Sustainability is moving Smart”
President National Observatory Bikeconomy www.bikeconomyforum.com
“Orthomolecular approach on the environment and eco-sustainability”
President International Orthomolecular Medicine Association www.aimo.it
“Technology at the service of corporate sustainability”
President & CEO VIBECO www.vibecosrl.it
“Smart Shirts & mental economy gym”
Innovation Manager www.xeos.it
In connection from Shanghai:
Professor Michele Geraci
Economist, former Undersecretary of State at the Ministry of Economic Development
with responsibility for internationalization and Made in Italywww.michelegeraci.com
“From Kalash Valley to Milan”
Director UNIDO ITPO Italy www.unido.it
“Textile supply chain and health”
Angelo Del Favero
Former Director of the Istituto Superiore Sanità,
President of the Textile and Health Association www.tessileesalute.it
“Digital as the gateway for a sustainable Fashion industry”
CEO TRIBOO, former President of ICE-Istituto Commercio Estero www.triboo.com
Ground Floor/Garden •19:00 – 20:30 h
• ELEONORA RICCIO
• FILI PARI
made marble wearable
• FRANCO FRANCESCA
• GIULIA BRUNETTI
knitwear vegan collection
• MALIA LAB
• PARCO DENIM
Sustainable fashion brand
• TRAME DI STORIA
Sustainable fashion brand
• VAGAMENTE RETRÒ
Sustainable botanical fashion
WUULS • AA GOLD • SILVIA GIOVANARDI • THE TRACE COLLECTIVE • SERITERM
Testimonial of the event will be Anton Giulio Grande who
will present his first eco-sustainable haute couture garment.
1st Floor• All-Day
Comprised of all the brands participating in the fashion show, in addition to the brands of accessories, shoes, bags, jewelry, design and olfactory essences free of parabens, phthalates and formaldehyde
• DIEGO PERCOSSI PAPI
• QUINTO EGO
Sustainable Bags – pezzi unici
• KMAMA • CANO SHOE • CANUSSA
Smart Shirts Technology
• YUKO & BIBA
Garden dinner • 21 h
ACCOMMODATIONS & HOTEL FACILITIES
Take advantage of the offer reserved to our guests!
Book your room with a special fare
until 9th September 2020.
Book online any of the hotels of OMNIA Hotels Group : enter on the homepage the Promo Code FASHION20 to take advantage of the special 20% discount on the best available rate.
EVENT TECH PARTNER
FASHION SHOW ART DIRECTOR
Hair & Make up ARTIST
The event will take place live with the decreed distancing
and will be live-streamed on#TheArena
channels (disruptive communication partner of the event)
PARLIAMENTARY ASSEMBLY OF THE MEDITERRANEAN
[ letter of granting the high patronage ]
POPULAR UNIVERSITY OF MILAN
THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE? SUBSCRIBE YOUR ADDRESSES TO RESERVE AN EXHIBITION SPACE OR TO BOOK YOUR PRESENCE.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST – YOU WILL BE CONTACTED SOON BY OUR STAFF.
powered by movinroots.it